Sorting content in the Umbraco back office tree seems like an obvious function. However, several times, I have found out that people who start working with Umbraco are not aware of this feature. The well-organized & sorted content has several advantages:
- Editors can easily arrange the order of any elements by themselves.
- The back office gets clean and friendly to the eye, which makes the work easier and faster.
- Developers can easily query the data in the proper order for further processing without implementing business conditions.
Steps to sort content elements in Umbraco CMS back-office tree:
- Identify nodes you want to sort.
- Find the parent node.
- Click on the parent node and expand the menu.
- Find the ‘Sort’ option.
- Once you click ‘Sort’, child items should show up.
- Arrange the items in the desired order using drag & drop.
- Save the changes with the ‘Save’ button.