How to use Sort option to organize Umbraco CMS Content
Sorting content in the Umbraco back office tree seems like an obvious function. However, several times, I have found out that people who start working with Umbraco are not aware of this feature. The well-organized & sorted content has several advantages:
- Editors can easily arrange the order of any elements by themselves
- The back office gets clean and friendly to the eye, which makes the work easier and faster
- Developers can easily query the data in the proper order for further processing without implementing business conditions
- Identify nodes you want to sort
- Find the parent node
- Click on the parent node and expand the menu
- Find the 'Sort' option.
- Once you click 'Sort', child items should show up
- Arrange the items in the desired order using drag & drop
- Save the changes with the 'Save' button.